How to Overcome Feeling Stuck in Your Business
As entrepreneurs, we oftentimes have moments where we feel off or lost in our business journey. Not too long ago I posted about my own experience with this and I received more responses to that post than I have in years.
In today’s post, I’ll discuss why we can feel stuck in our business and the specific things that I have done that have really helped me move past these doubts and uncertainties.
Entrepreneurship is not easy
I know I received so much feedback from my post about feeling stuck in my business because entrepreneurship is a rollercoaster. There are so many ups and downs and it’s a really difficult journey to go on.
Doubts and comparisons are all a part of the process and you can work through them if you take the necessary steps to do so!
How to get unstuck
When you are in a funk or just feeling off in your business there are steps you can take to work through it. You can just ignore these feelings or shove them under the rug, you have to take the time to deal with them. Facing these feelings and letting yourself feel stuck and lost is all part of the process. Luckily there are things you can do to help you move forward.
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | LISTEN ON SPOTIFY | LISTEN ON GOOGLE PODCASTS
Steps to take:
1. Recognize that it’s normal to feel this way. As entrepreneurs, we are creative human beings and what we did two years ago is probably not what we are interested in doing today. It’s normal and totally okay to want to go in a new direction or change things up in your business. If you are feeling this way, allow yourself to feel it.
2. Look at what you’re doing and evaluate it. Ask yourself if you can use something you already created and rebrand it. Can you take the concepts you have and repackage them or turn them into something new? Or do you need to completely start over? Most of the time you don’t actually need to start from scratch, but if you do that is okay!
3. Identify what your priorities are. At the end of the day, what will make you feel good? Make sure you are doing things that are in alignment with your goals and values. Think about what is most important to you and start working towards making sure your business reflects that. My priorities have shifted so much over the last year! It’s important to be patient with yourself while you make changes in your business. The shifts you make to reflect your priorities won’t happen overnight, think long-term.
4. Ask yourself what do you love doing? Find the things in your life and business that you genuinely love to do and think of ways you can infuse that more into your daily life. You might not be able to do those things full time right now but that doesn’t mean you can’t work towards that goal. I encourage you to do something in your business and personal life that you look forward to every day. This trick is something that keeps me going and motivated.
5. Be still. Stillness sounds easy but not many of us actually take the time out of our busy days to actually be still. I highly recommend having time in your day to let your brain shut off. So often, we can create stories and thoughts in our heads and when we create these it can build up a ton of stress. When you are stressed out you become drained and can’t work at your fullest potential. I know when I carve out time to have some stillness it helps my emotional and mental state so much!
6. Take some time off. It is so normal when we are in a rut or stuck in our business to want to add more to our plate so we feel more productive. However, this is not going to help our business, we can’t pour from an empty cup. While I do believe action can breed confidence I also believe that sometimes we just need to take a step back. Whether that means taking a vacation or a break off social media, do whatever you can to help yourself come back feeling rejuvenated.
7. Prioritize your health. Stop trying to do everything all at once, this is not an effective way to work. When we try to do everything perfectly and at the same time we tend to lose steam and not reach our goals. Every entrepreneur should implement a routine that prioritizes their health whether that’s having a workout in the morning, meditating, journaling, etc. Do something for you that will fill your cup. Keep up with friends and family that make you feel good and stay away from the people who don’t impact you in a positive way. All of these are different forms of prioritizing your health, find what works best for you.
How to Overcome Feeling Stuck in Your Business: The Bottomline
Every entrepreneur goes through times where they feel stuck in their business. As an entrepreneur, we are creative human beings and what we did a year ago may not be what we want for our business today.
When this happens we can start to feel lost and unsure of ourselves and the direction our business is going. It’s important to remember that even though this feeling is uncomfortable, feeling lost is all part of the entrepreneurial process. You aren’t alone, and luckily there are steps you can take to work through these feelings.
And finally, as always, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay #PrettyAwkward!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING
I hope this post helped you see that it is completely normal to feel stuck in your business but you don’t have to stay stuck!
Apply for one of my VIP Days (virtual or in person) or 90 Min Intensives here: https://meganyelaney.com/next-level-support
Join my Free FB Community Here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/impactfulpassiveincome