How to Master Emotional Intelligence, Show Up as a Leader, and Stand Out With Your Unique Method with Topsie VandenBosch and Tomasha Suber
In today’s post, I am so excited to be joined by not one but TWO rockstar guests, Topsie VandenBosch and Tomasha Suber! Topsie VandenBosch, LMSW, is a Mindset & Emotional Intelligence Coach & Consultant for 6&7 figure business owners. She helps business owners identify, learn and master the use of mindset & emotional intelligence skills in the leadership decisions made inside of their businesses. And Tomasha is a Leadership & Operations Consultant for women-led, service based businesses. She helps women navigate leadership, business and womanhood simultaneously without major sacrifice.
After months of conversation and growing together as friends in the coaching industry, we are so excited to share with you the steps in working toward building leadership & emotional intelligence into your own unique method! In this post, we will walk you through how to use these skills to grow as an entrepreneur and really stand out in your industry.
Bringing Emotion, Strategy & Leadership Together
Fellow coaches and personal friends, Topsie & Tomasha bring two extremely valuable aspects to our #PrettyAwkward community. Together, we create an undefeatable trifecta of emotional intelligence, unique methodology & effective leadership.
I have spent a lot of time collaborating with these ladies in the background to create a high-level experience for not only our businesses, but also our lives, relationships & personal development as a whole. It brings me so much joy to welcome both of these incredible women back to the podcast, and I just can’t wait for you to dive into all of these life-changing tips & strategies!
Defining Emotional Intelligence & Leadership Skills as a Business Owner
If you’ve been following me for some time now, you know I preach strategy & individuality in your business, all day, every day. But what does it mean to be an emotionally intelligent & impactful leader in your industry?
Emotional intelligence is the ability to understand, perceive and manage your emotions. There is a delicate balance between your personal feelings and your decision-making abilities as an entrepreneur. These feelings and responses have an effect on the relationships within your business, AKA your team, your audience & your ideal client.
This influence you have over your team and your clients is what builds your leadership style. Leadership is all about influence, not power. And your influence is everything when it comes to getting others to buy into your message, your mission & your vision. It is how you LEAD your business, not just DO business.
LISTEN ON APPLE PODCASTS | LISTEN ON SPOTIFY | LISTEN ON GOOGLE PODCASTS
The Inner Work of Entrepreneurship
The top 6 actions you can take to improve the overall impact of your business on your life & the lives of others:
- Be able to accept feedback from others. Are you willing to accept feedback from your clients, your team and your family? We often have a love-hate relationship with feedback. But one of the biggest shifts in developing emotional intelligence as a leader is understanding how your actions impact the people around you. When you are willing to receive feedback in the way that you are leading your business, you are building the foundation toward making waves across your entire industry.
- Balance your emotions in decision-making. We, as entrepreneurs, often act out of what we consider to be alignment when making decisions within our business. But when something feels out of alignment, is it sometimes actually your nerves getting the best of you? The hard truth: You have to stop making scarcity-based decisions out of emotion! Emotional regulation skills help you push through the discomfort and do what is in the best interests of your business, your team & your clients.
- Block out comparison & imposter syndrome. You see someone in your niche at a level of business you are striving to reach. The feeling that consumes you in that moment is often referred to as “imposter syndrome,” but what it really boils down to is JEALOUSY. This feeling is perfectly normal, but you CAN learn to work through it! Developing an awareness of what makes up your unique method can help you bounce back from feelings of jealousy and remember that nobody does the work like you!
- In order to stand out, you’ve got to stand in. On the other side of that big green monster named Jealousy is the dreaded Copycat. Do you find yourself intentionally (or unintentionally) trying to mimic someone else’s style of marketing & sales strategies? Do you look back on a post and often wonder, Why did I think that was a good idea? You need to do things your own way, in your own style, to offer something that is 100% uncopyable in your industry. Your uniqueness is what helps you stand apart from the hundreds of other people in your niche market.
- Have as much intention in your living as you do in your launch. Entrepreneurship can be a slippery slope where your business begins to overtake your personal life. The money is great, right? But what cost is there to you when you are only working to make money? You may be running a six-figure business without feeling like your six-figure self. When you give the same level of energy in your personal life as you do in your business, your return on investment is invaluable.
- Celebrate & take control just as much as you complain. Ever wonder why you feel so burnt out & exhausted after a launch? Take the time to evaluate your life beyond your business. Are you eating well? Getting in your workout routine? How much are you sleeping? When something seems out of place, take control and focus on solutions to your pain points. And don’t forget to celebrate your wins with the same amount of enthusiasm and energy, whether they’re in your professional OR personal life!
How to Master Emotional Intelligence, Show Up as a Leader, and Stand Out With Your Unique Method with Topsie VandenBosch and Tomasha Suber: The Bottomline
It’s time to ask yourself, what are you here on this earth to help people with? And are you doing the inner work needed to help you accomplish your mission? It’s like a ripple effect – emotional intelligence gives you the ability to look inside yourself for support, which gives you the opportunity to develop your unique method strategy. And in doing so, you have the confidence to be a strong & impactful leader, regardless of what you are facing in your business and/or personal life.
Once you’ve taken the time to develop personally & professionally, you can finally find your six- or seven-figure self that’s been inside of you all along. Use your entrepreneurial journey to embrace all aspects of your BEST self.
And finally, as always, stay safe, stay healthy, and stay #PrettyAwkward!
THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR READING
I hope this post helped you develop a better understanding of the balance between emotional intelligence and leadership in developing your strategy as a one-of-a-kind entrepreneur. I am so excited for you to begin the inner work toward living with intention in your business AND your life!
You can connect more with Topsie over at her website and on Instagram. You can also connect more with Tomasha on her website or through Instagram.
Next Level Unlocked Las Vegas Event Sign Up: Limited Tickets Avail
Apply for one of my next level coaching offers here (Limited spots available through the summer): https://meganyelaney.com/next-level-support
Take the Find Your Unique Coach Approach Quiz here: www.meganyelaney.com/quiz
Join the Free FB Community with exclusive live trainings here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/impactfulpassiveincome